If you're are traveling with young children in your family on your trip to Vegas, the one place that is a must on your “to-do” list is the Discovery Children’s Museum! The Discovery Children’s Museum is located approximately 5 miles from the Las Vegas Strip, adjacent to the Smith Center in Symphony Park. It was chosen “Best of Las Vegas” Gold Winner in 2019 by Las Vegas Review-Journal readers and rightful so. It’s truly an amazing adventure and experience!
I will keep it a secret because I want you to experience it for yourself, but one of the exhibits contains a wind simulator! It is so much fun!! There are 7 ongoing exhibits at the Discovery Children’s Museum and often they will showcase a featured traveling exhibit as well. The ongoing exhibits are:
- The Summit – The best way for me to describe this exhibit is: It’s like indoor mountain climbing! The Summit is a 70ft tower that you can climb all the way to the top of the building! It ascends all 3 floors and includes a slide!
- Eco City – This exhibit is exactly as stated, an actual little city! Children are able to go to the bank and withdraw or deposit money, shop for groceries, operate the grocery store, operate the airport, build the Raiders Stadium, and literally create a little community.
- Water World – Yes, they will get wet or at the very least splashed in this exhibit but not soaked! In addition to the automated excitement, laughter, and fun that is generated, one of the things this area allows is for children to see how currents and how electricity is generated through play.
- Discovery Lab – This exhibit is a workspace with fun & innovative activities that are designed to help promote critical thinking
- Fantasy Festival – This exhibit is for creative play expression.
- Young At Art – This exhibit explores creativity through the expression of art.
- Solve It!- This exhibit teaches science & explores archeology through interactive & immersive fun play.
- Toddler Town – This Exhibit is for babies through kids under the age of 5 years of age.
Recently, in order to comply with new capacity guidelines, reservations are required for admission to the Discovery Children’s Museum. Reservations can be made online or by telephone. Also, the Discovery Children’s Museum is available for rental for birthday celebrations, wedding receptions, and corporate events!
The Discovery Children’s Museum is family-friendly and service animals are welcome. The Discovery Children’s Museum is the perfect place for a full day of fun under one roof!
*Please see the official website for hours of operation, ticketing, prices. reservations and updated schedule & events information*